About the Georgia Association of Sleep Professionals
The Georgia Association of Sleep Professionals, established in July 2008, is a statewide association, that strives
to enhance the quality of human life by supporting an environment in which sleep medicine professionals can provide
the highest quality of care. Our members are physicians, technologists, researchers, students, and sleep centers and
labs, all providers within the specialty of sleep medicine. All Georgia sleep medicine professionals are encouraged
to be actively involved in GASP. GASP is a widely useful tool for dialogue and action for all issues concerning sleep
professionals and there are many opportunities for involvement and collaboration. Our strength is measured in numbers
and we need the support of all active sleep professionals to continue our efforts. So if you are not currently a
member, we strongly urge you to JOIN TODAY!
The Georgia Association of Sleep Professionals is the leader in Georgia for setting standards and promoting
excellence in sleep medicine care, education, research, and public health by promoting awareness and
advocating for sleep professionals across the state.
The Georgia Association of Sleep Professionals serves its members and advances the field of sleep medicine care by:
Why join GASP?
- establishing an authoritative body to represent the concerns of Sleep Medicine professionals regarding statewide legislative actions and/or business practices that conflict with AASM/AAST standards.
- setting the standards of practice for our nationally recognized medical specialty in the state of Georgia.
- providing a forum for Sleep Medicine professionals to foster relationships with one another in order to benefit continued learning and professional development.
- providing a comprehensive forum of communication exchange for Sleep Medicine professionals in Georgia.
- providing marketing opportunities for Sleep Medicine professionals in Georgia.
Members of the GASP share a desire to advance the health of their patients, develop talented teams within
their practices and to assist with the needs of their fellow health care providers. As a group and as
individuals, GASP members provide their patients access to the most innovative disease prevention strategies
and the highest quality treatment and care. A member displaying the GASP logo at their practice, in
their literature and promotion materials, is demonstrating a commitment to
GASP PR efforts will continually encourage the community to choose a GASP member when they need
the very best health care.
- the best sleep medicine practices consistent with current scientific knowledge,
- patient-centered values,
- leadership in sleep medicine, and
- accountability, collaboration and open communication.
The Georgia Association of Sleep Professionals strives to provide excellent programming for its membership,
their staff and the sleep medicine community, from networking to education. GASP sponsored activities as well
as other sleep medicine related activities are posted on www.gasleep.org. GASP members are encouraged to
support and attend these activities. Members are also given the opportunity to have their activity posted
on the GASP website.
- Representation on issues concerning all Georgia's sleep medicine providers
- Networking with sleep medicine colleagues
- Centralized web presence for Georgia's sleep medicine professionals and related issues
- Networking and partnerships with sleep medicine vendors
- Forum for communication amongst all sleep medicine professionals
- Educational opportunities
- Increased public awareness for the field of sleep medicine
- Association staff providing administrative and managerial support from the GASP office.
- Volunteer opportunities to have a positive impact on the field of sleep medicine
- Searchable membership database
- Live links to members' practice websites
- Announcements and clinical research trial postings
- Calendar and activity registrations
- Association communication
- Member benefit lists
- Announcements, articles and PR tools